Theory and Instruments component (90 workshop hours)
LPAD course is intended to clinical, educational or vocational specialists authorized to function as assessors in their country. Candidates for participation in LPAD course should provide documentation confirming the correspondence of their scope of practice to the national (or regional) licensing requirements. Preference will be given to candidates with previous study of Feuerstein Instrumental Enrichment (IE Standard or IE Basic). Applicants are encouraged to read in advance the theoretical material available here and in Feuerstein R. et al. (2002) The dynamic assessment of cognitive modifiability, Jerusalem: ICELP, available to order through email@example.com.
- Theory of Structural Cognitive Modifiability
- Criteria of Mediated Learning Experience
- “Normative” and deficient cognitive functions
- Difference between static and dynamic assessment: Goals, Instruments, Procedures, Recording and interpretation of results.
- Techniques of dynamic cognitive assessment;
- Study and practice with LPAD instruments: Organization of Dots, Complex Figure, Raven Matrices: Colored and Standard, Variations B8-B12, Set Variations-1 & 2, Tri-modal analogies, 16 words, Associative Recall, Attention test - Lahy , Positional learning, Numerical Progressions, Organizer, Representational Stencil Design test.
- Non-intellective factors in LPAD
- Assessment of verbal functions
- Distance of mediation
- Profiles of modifiability
- Principles of LPAD report writing.
- Demonstration of LPAD assessment;
Course participants will receive an LPAD Assessment Manual, a set of LPAD tasks and recording forms, and a CD with theoretical material and bibliography of LPAD studies.
Upon completion of the course graduates will receive a Certificate of Attendance of theory and instruments component of the LPAD. Certification as an LPAD Assessor will require participation in the Supervised LPAD Assessment Workshop (45 hours) that will be offered at various Feuerstein Authorized Training Centers and also at the International Summer Workshop in July 2016.
Supervised assessment practice component (45 workshop hours)
Admission to this course is limited to clinical, educational or vocational specialists who have already studied LPAD theory and all LPAD Standard instruments. Candidates for participation in the LPAD assessment practice workshop should provide documentation confirming the correspondence of their scope of practice to the national (or regional) licensing requirements.
- Supervised assessment of 2 children using the relevant LPAD instruments;
- Analysis of assessment results and preparation of reports;
- Case conferences and discussion of recommendations for parents and teachers.
Workshop participants will receive a set of LPAD recording forms. Workshop participants should bring their own copies of LPAD Assessment Manual, and LPAD task booklets that they received while attending the prerequisite LPAD theory and instruments workshop.
Upon completion of the course and submission of LPAD reports graduates will receive a Certificate of LPAD Assessor granting the right to conduct independent LPAD assessment (individual only) and issue of an official LPAD report. The certificate is valid for four years and its renewal for another four years is dependent on compliance with CPD conditions: 1) Submittal of six LPAD assessment reports, written in or translated into English, which will be appraised by Feuerstein Institute professional committee; 2) Participation in four annual lectures using e-learning, including successful completion of a questionnaire on the material presented in the lectures.