Theory and Instruments component (90 workshop hours)
LPAD Basic course is intended to clinical and educational specialists authorized to function as assessors of young children in their country. Candidates for participation in LPAD Basic course should provide documentation confirming the correspondence of their scope of practice to the national (or regional) licensing requirements. Preference will be given to candidates with previous study of Feuerstein Instrumental Enrichment (IE Standard or IE Basic). Applicants are encouraged to read in advance the theoretical material available here and in Feuerstein R. et al. (2002) The dynamic assessment of cognitive modifiability, Jerusalem: ICELP, available to order through firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Theory of Structural Cognitive Modifiability
- Criteria of Mediated Learning Experience
- Emergent cognitive functions.
- Advanced theory of mediation for dynamic assessment of young children;
- Study and practice with LPAD Basic instruments: Part-Whole; Functional Part-Whole; Concept Formation by inclusion and by elimination; Inferential Thinking, Progressions; Picture Sequence, Puzzles; Spatial Orientation; Complex Figure, Mazes, Human Figure Drawing, Associative Recall; Visual Transport, Reversal Test.
- Analysis of profiles of modifiability
- Principles of LPAD Basic report writing
Course participants will receive an LPAD-Basic assessment manual, a set of LPAD-Basic tasks and recording forms, and a CD with theoretical material and bibliography of LPAD studies.
Upon completion of the course graduates will receive a Certificate of Attendance of theory and instruments component of the LPAD Basic. Certification as an LPAD Basic Assessor will require participation in the Supervised LPAD Basic Assessment Workshop (45 hours) offered at various Feuerstein Authorized Training Centers and also at the International Summer Workshop in July 2016.
Supervised assessment practice component (45 workshop hours)
Admission to this course is limited to clinical and educational specialists who have already studied LPAD Basic theory and all LPAD Basic instruments. Candidates for participation in the LPAD Basic assessment practice workshop should provide documentation confirming the correspondence of their scope of practice to the national (or regional) licensing requirements.
- Supervised assessment of 2 young children using the relevant LPAD Basic instruments;
- Analysis of assessment results and preparation of reports;
- Case conferences and discussion of recommendations for parents and teachers.
Workshop participants will receive a set of LPAD Basic recording forms. Workshop participants should bring their own copies of LPAD Basic Manual, and LPAD task booklets that they received while attending the prerequisite LPAD Basic theory and instruments workshop.
Upon completion of the course and submission of LPAD Basic reports graduates will receive a Certificate of LPAD Basic Assessor granting the right to conduct independent LPAD Basic assessment (individual only) and issue of an official LPAD Basic report. The certificate is valid for four years and its renewal for another four years is dependent on compliance with CPD conditions: 1) Submittal of six LPAD Basic assessment reports, written in or translated into English, which will be appraised by Feuerstein Institute professional committee; 2) Participation in four annual lectures using e-learning, including successful completion of a questionnaire on the material presented in the lectures.